- "One looks, and one does not see, one listens, and one does not hear; one eats, and one does not know the savor of food." -Confucius
- We should come home from far, from adventures, and perils, and new discoveries every day, with new experience and character.
- why does water get 'old?'
- I survive by keeping my thoughts on high things...
- Never hesitate at a gap in a fence
- My body will find its home, if its master shall forsake it, as the hand finds its way to the mouth without assistance.
- Its hard to write thoughts, for i can never tell what to put first, as it kills me; and then there is spelling to be attended to at the same time!!!
- 'by george'
- Our agreeable set of rules, called etiquette and politeness.
- This whole earth which we inhabit is but a point in space.
- Why should i feel lonely?? Is our planet not in the milky way??
- Men are generally still afraid of the dark, though the witches are all hung, and Christianity and candles have been introduced.
- Why do you look at what is always to be seen? Will tou merely be a reader, student or a seer? Or will you read your fate, see what is before you, and walk on into futurity?
- Not all books are as dull as their readers.
- We are a race of tit-men. and sour but little higher in our intellectual flights than the columns of the daily paper. -thoreau
- Any man will go out of his way to pick up a silver dollar; but here are golden words, which the wisest men have uttered, yet we learn to read only as far as easy reading.
- We must laboriously seek the meaning of each word and line...
- Time is but the stream i go fishing in. I drink by it, and while i drink and gaze and catch glimpse of the sandy bottom i detect how shallow it is.
- We are all a slush of opinion, prejudice, tradition, delusion, appearance and alluvion which covers the globe.
- Why should we live with such a hurry and waste of life?
- Few are the ears that hear it, and even fewer are the ears of those who understand it.
- Earnestly live life, from beginning to end.
- There is a disturbing part of society that puts greater emphasis on fashionability, or at the least clean and un-patched clothes, than to have a sound conscience.
- Men have no time to be anything but machine...
- Why should we begin digging our graves as soon as we are born?
An assortment of posts related to the unquenchable thirst for understanding and knowledge.