Breakthroughs happen when the suddenly possible meets the desperately necessary.
Help people grow to be all they were born to be.
- Some is harder to change than other, for example: The frequency of the types of breakfasts one has vs. dinners. Usually someone has 3 types of breakfasts:
- Hurried/rushed breakfast
- Usual breakfast
- Weekend breakfast
- But for Dinners, we have observed that you usually have the same "type" of dinner every 20 dinners.
- You buy a car about every 7 years on average - the marketing team has to remind you, since there is a longer period of time between the face-to-face interaction and when your need arises (7 years).
- You usually get a Starbucks almost everyday. Starbucks doesn't have to spend a ton of money and time marketing to you, since your frequency of use is more, it becomes more of a habit, and you have face-to-fcae interactions almost everyday.
- You get an Einsteins bagel on average every 5 days, how do we increase your frequency of coming into Einsteins and wanting a bagel?
CONTENT TO PEOPLE, NOT PEOPLE TO CONTENT.
...With many more to come!
- World of Warcraft has logged over 6 million hours of use!! They are obviously doing something right. Bring more gaming interfaces to users.
- Current reality is broken
- Connect - Know - Match - Catalyze
- Platforms ares adopted from self interest - and now enable collaboration and release the power of the collective. Then people create "their own spaces" and adopt for their interests
- Platform approach vs. Product approach
- Close the gap between face-to-face connections
- Help Others
....Which leads to Change and Engagement of....
- Champions co-create
- Harness the power of the "crowd" by making it possible for anyone to contribute and benefit through a well designed interface and platform. Platform = co -creation
- React to (internal, external) triggers
A cyclical cycle that feeds off of each other and gets a user engaged in the cycle/loop. Bring one more level of stickiness.
- Champions serve them in that place
- Champions bring them motivation, resources...etc.
There are content champions and curating champions. i.e. Pinterest - companies creating content, and other people curating that content by creating their own boards that cater to you - then you create "your space" in that.
Facebook has no "point of view"
If a company has a point of view, that does not allow or create "their place" for end user. Need to refrain from point of view.
A user has 2 options/modes:
- Help Grow
Try to stimulate them together, they are growing with champions, by champions, and then they turn into champions.
Create a "thin" and "open" platform. A platform that is as open as possible. Champions build their own brand and interface within that - creating "their place"
The most powerful trigger is an internal trigger. External triggers are the most common. You usually get an external trigger first, which then may/may not lead to an internal trigger.
- Content - method, resource, (news) feed, "live"...etc.
- Spaces - controlled by end user - journal, scrapbook, personalized widgets, Mentor/mentee space, groups, low abstractions, set of funtionalities...etc.
- Lists - "let me do things" - reminder, invite, check off, accountability, delegate...etc.
- Profile - Know themselves and be known - match, grow, search...etc.
What am I going to: Do, Go, Say, Give...this (week, day, month, year..etc)